Thursday, October 13, 2011

leaps and bounds

This past week Avery hasn't given me much to blog about since she has been doing so well. Because she is doing great, her doctors have increased her feeds daily.  She is now up to 4 ml every 3 hours.  5 ml is a teaspoon, so it isn't much, but for her tiny body, it literally fills her belly up.  She seems to be handling the increase in feeds well as she has very little residual left and she is pooping on a regular basis on her own.
Yesterday I got to do my second round of kangaroo care. We cuddled for 45 minutes and again she did FANTASTIC. Right now we get to only hold once a week, but hopefully if she continues to kick butt, they'll increase the holds as well. Next week Bill will get his chance to do the kangaroo care. She already knows his voice because every time he talked to her last night during the hold, she would wiggle around. So I can't wait to see them get some daddy/daughter bonding time!
Tonight at her weigh in, she was up to a whooping 600 grams! I was super excited that she broke the 600 mark. So she is not at approximately 1 lb 5 oz and she looks WAY bigger (at least to me).
Other than that, we continue to just truck along. Bill and I killed time between our visits downtown tonight. We had a romantic dinner at Jack N the Box and then hung out at the Apple store playing on the Ipad 2.  Bill played a round of Angry Birds for the first time and I played some Scrabble. I now totally want on, but can't justify spending the money when I know we have ample medical bills coming our way. But if someone wants to donate one to us...that'd be another story :) j/k. 

 Halloween decoration on her isolet
 Only 400 grams to go! Then we can go glove free.
 Stretching it out.
 Avery left a nice surprise for daddy's diaper duty. He handled it like a pro.
Family photo w/ Avery's mask free face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment