Tuesday, October 11, 2011

day 12...

Quote of the day:
"In my 27 years of experience, I've never seen a baby this small do this well."
-Avery's nurse

The quote about sums it up. Avery has had a fantastic week so far. She is back on her feeds and today the increased them from 1 ml every 3 hours to 2 ml every 3 hours. She has had very little residual left in her belly and the blood they were finding early no longer seems to be an issue. So hopefully slowly, but surely we'll start to see some weight gain one ounce at a time. She is already back up to her birth weight, so as long as she tolerates her feeds well, before we know it we won't even recognize our little lady.
I also got the chance to talk to the doctor about the official eco scan of her heart. He said there was a very small PDA, but they will continue to just monitor closely for now but that she isn't showing any signs of it in any other way.
Today her day nurse, Wanda, told me her and the other nurse in the room, Roy, argued over who got to work with Avery today. Wanda won. She's just that awesome that everyone wants to work with her. Wanda also surprised me with Avery's first pair of pants.  Apparently while folding laundry, another nurse who worked with Avery this past weekend, came across a pair of pants that she looked at and thought there was no way they would fit any of the babies in the NICU because they were so small. Then she remembered Avery and thought they would be perfect for her. As you'll see from the pictures below, she may have over estimated Avery's size just a bit :) But she looked super adorable anyways.
Tomorrow I have my follow up appointment for my c-section. Hopefully everything is healing like it should be.  It is really hard to take it easy after being on bed rest for 5 weeks, but I am doing the best I can to not push things too fast or hard. 
 She looks like one of the weigh loss commercials :)

Baby got back...well not really, but the pants help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment