Sunday, October 30, 2011

the fun stuff

Through all the ups and downs we have started working on some of the fun stuff of expecting a baby, like putting together the nursery. Earlier in the summer Bill and I pretty much gutted the room next to ours in preparation of setting it up as the nursery. My mom and sister Jill came over and helped Bill install hardwood floors and paint the walls. Bill put up the wainscoting and that's as far as we made it until this weekend. This weekend we bought the first piece of furniture. A beautiful custom piece done by a fabulous little shop call Paint in my Hair. I had been looking for pieces of furniture on Craigslist when I came across one of their postings. I started reading their blog and just loved the stuff they did, so when my mom was in town this weekend I suggested we make a visit.
We found a perfect dresser that was already in the process of being finished, and Justin, the owner said if we wanted it I could pick a color to finish it in. I hadn't really settled on a color pallet for Avery's room yet, so under pressure I picked a beautiful yellow color. The top had already been finished in a dark stain and the combination is gorgeous!
Check out their blog for some pictures of the finished piece and all their other stuff. I love supporting local businesses, especially ones with fantastic stuff like theirs! I'm already brainstorming what I can get from them next or have them refinish. Better yet, maybe I'll take one of their classes...:)
Paint in My Hair: http://paintinmyhair.blogspot.com
Here are some pictures of the progress so far. I'll be sure to post more as we complete the transformation. And check back later for one month birthday pictures.
Blank slate

I guess once you rip the carpet out you're committed to new floors


Bill vs. the curtain holder thing. Bill thinks he won cause it is no longer on the wall. I beg to differ.

Floors are in and looking oh so pretty

Getting closer...
The walls look blueish in the pictures but they are actually a very light grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment