Wednesday, September 14, 2011

where exactly are we going...

The Friday after our ultrasound appointment I was put on bed rest at home with weekly u/s and doctor appointments to track Avery's progress. Being put on bed rest, is stressful! I can honestly say I never thought I would miss working more than I do (HUGE shout out to my seriously, amazing, hardworking, supportive coworkers who make me realize every day that my job is a true blessing! They literally picked up where I left off since I had no idea that I would not be returning to work). After 2 weeks of bed rest at home they dropped the bomb that they were going to admit me to the hospital for steroid treatments to give Avery the best fighting chance possible and monitoring for at least 48 hours.
Bill and I showed up yesterday with my bag packed for a short stay at the hospital only to be told I would not be going home...at least not any time soon if they have it their way. They devised a plan to keep me on hospitalized bed rest with daily intensive monitoring, twice weekly ultra sounds, steroids, and a whole lot of time.
So I have officially been on hospitalized bed rest for just over 24 hours and it was the longest 24 hours of my life. Avery and I have done a lot of bonding. I sit and watch her heart beat on the monitor and it is the greatest sound I have ever heard. There is a newborn baby next door with lungs that I didn't know were possible on a newborn! But after their mom or dad kept me up most of the night w/ their snoring I could hear through the walls as if they were in my room, I know those lungs must be genetic.
I have had the sweetest, nicest, loveliest nurses ever! I had the most cold, black and white, statistically based conversation with the neonatologist that left a pit in my stomach and tears in my eyes. I had a fantastic follow up appt with a pernitologist who suddenly on our 3rd meeting, found his bedside manners and said some wonderfully encouraging things that Bill, Avery and I all appreciated. I have more faces come in and out of my room and I know it is only a matter of time before I know them all by name, personality, and friends because we are determined to be here for the long haul because the longer we are here, the longer we know Avery in inside cooking away preparing for her debut.
So while I miss my husband and my cats who were my favorite, expert bed resting buddies, we are all prepared to stick this out and do what ever we can for miss Avery!
 A YUMMY GOODIE BASKET FROM TWYLA AND MEAGAN! THANKS LADIES!
 I AM ALMOST POSITIVE THEY SLEPT 90% OF THE DAY WHEN I WAS HOME ON BED REST


THIS IS BILL'S OPTION IF HE WANTS TO STAY W/ ME AT THE HOSPITAL. HE IS OPTING NOT TOO AND I FULLY SUPPORT THAT DECISION :)

No comments:

Post a Comment