Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2 weeks and counting...

It has been exactly 2 weeks since we were admitted to the hospital and I can't decide if time has flown by or if this has been the longest 2 weeks ever. I'm leaning towards longest ever given the circumstances, the season change, missing my husband, kitties and home, and the increased back pain I'm starting to experience from laying around all day.
We had our ultrasound this morning and everything continues to maintain. We won't do another growth ultrasound for at least 2 weeks, so for now they are just checking amniotic fluid levels, movement, and dopplers to make sure they are not reversing. I stopped eating and drinking after midnight last night, just to be prepared for anything, so I was pleased to hear that we were not going to be having a baby today and very pleased to eat! (Telling a pregnant woman that she can't eat for over 9 hours is just cruel!).
During our monitoring we have experienced some decels in Avery's heart. She always recovers nicely, which is great, but usually means me having to be monitored for a longer period of time to make sure they don't become a pattern. There is no definite explanation for the decels and it is hard to say whether or not this is even 'normal' for a 26 week baby since typically they don't start monitoring this early on in pregnancy.  So as long as she is recovering from the decels and they don't become a pattern, we'll just continue to monitor them.
Other than that I am starting to feel less guilty staying in bed all day as the weather gets colder and rainy. I'm sad I missed out on the last days of summer, but know it will be worth it. I've started taking pictures of the tree outside my window as it changes colors and its leaves fall off. It is a reminder that time is passing, slowly but surely. Precious time we are so grateful for.
I've also been killing time by doing a lot of online 'window' shopping for baby stuff. How do people ever decide what to go with?! There are so many options for everything. Today I was looking at car seats and got so overwhelmed with all the options that I had to take a break. Anyone have any recommendations for a must have car seat?
The same goes for crib bedding. I like the idea of going with a mix and match kind of look but it is so hard when there are so many options, many of which are ridiculously expensive. If I was at home on bed rest I think I would make a trip to the fabric store and make my own bedding. I read the instructions online to make crib sheets and a crib skirt and both seem super easy to do. It is sometimes frustrating having all this time on my hands but not being able to do much with it.
The next couple of days will hopefully be filled with uneventful waiting, tv watching, magazine reading and baby growing. Then my parents come! And they are bringing me cupcakes from Crooked Tree, who did our delicious wedding cake. SOOO EXCITING! It'll be a yummy Thursday night treat, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment