Thursday, September 15, 2011

a long day...

Today was the longest day yet of bed rest. I didn't have any appointments or consultations. So it was just a long day of Avery and I in bed waiting for visitors.
I got an early morning 5 am wake up call when a new mom and baby moved in next door. So this made my day start earlier than I would have predicted. Avery and I watched an entire marathon of Million Dollar Listing. I did find a little humor in the housekeeping lady stood for a least 5 minutes wiping the same spot on my small tray while she watched TV completely oblivious that I was watching her wipe the same spot over and over and over.
The highlight of our day was finding out that Avery is going to have another girl cousin! My sister is expecting another girl only 3 weeks after Avery is due. Congrats Jill, Travis and Lia. The Eller Family is so excited!!
The low light of my day was the green beans I got with dinner. They were horribly disappointing, but other than that the food has been pretty decent and we have lots of options.
Other than that we had our daily monitoring which Avery despises. She can rest all day and as soon as they hook that thing up she goes wild, trying to kick it off my stomach. She's a girl who knows what she likes and having her heart monitored is not one of them. (It took them over a hour to get her on the monitor for round 2 today). But when they finally get her on the monitor her heart is looking great! Very consistent and they are seeing her heart do all the things that they hope to see during a monitoring.
We also finished our 2nd and last steroid shot today and I must say they were not nearly as bad as I was expecting them to be. Now we just have to sit back and hope they are working their magic.
My mom is in town for the weekend so I will have some company tomorrow during the day. We are scheduled for another ultra sound so hopefully we'll have some good news to share!
 Thanks Career Path Services family for the lovely flowers. We love them and miss you all!
Avery's heart monitor. The gaps in the line are her attempts to kick t off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment