Monday, February 27, 2012

road trip

This past weekend we took what I'm sure will be the first of many road trips to Montana to see my family.  Six weeks ago my sister had another baby-my niece Drew-who I was dying to meet. And my sisters were dying to get their hands on Avery finally.
We decided to break the trip up and leave Thursday night after Bill got off work. We drove half way to Missoula through a white out snow storm but made it safe and sound. Avery had her first stay in a hotel. I'm pretty sure she maybe touched one of the surfaces for mere seconds at most. She loved her first hotel stay so much that she partied until she passed out at 2 am.  Thank goodness grammy was more than happy to watch her while Bill and I got a nap in the next day.


The trip was wonderful. I haven't been home in almost 8 months. That is the longest I have ever gone without going back.  It was nice to spend time with my family, meet my niece, introduce Avery to her aunts, uncles and cousins and my grandma whom Avery gets her middle name from, and spend some time with my hubby. Our one year anniversary is this coming weekend so we celebrated early (since we had baby sitters) and went to a nice dinner and met up with friends for a drink.




Avery did great the whole trip.  She was so overwhelmed with everything that she spent all day Friday awake and then spent all day Saturday sleeping. She fit in great with the family and was all smiles and giggles at the dinner table.  



We also got a chance to stop by our friends' house on the way home for a feeding pit stop and Avery got to meet my dear friend Meagan, her hubby Sam and Avery's new, super adorable friend Ellie.  It was so fun.



Our trip home proved to be longer than we expected as we got stuck for 2.5 hours when we were about an hour out of Spokane due to an accident/poor roads. Avery was a trooper!


   We're glad to be home but sad we don't get to go over there every weekend. It is always so nice in the chaos of all the kids and my family, but I wouldn't have it any other way and I can't wait for the day that Avery is right up in the mix with the other kiddos.






No comments:

Post a Comment