Tuesday, January 31, 2012

let's march

On April 28th Avery and I will be walking in what I hope will be the first of many March of Dimes walk. The March of Dimes assists with research and programs for a cause very near and dear to my heart-the prevention of premature birth (among other things). I have made a personal pledge to try and raise $500.00 for the cause. I have no idea if this is too ambitious since it has been YEARS since I've done any kind of monetary fund raising, but it is worth a shot. I know times are tough financially for a lot of people, but just today my blog had nearly 250 page views so even if every body donated a dollar we'd be half way there! :) No pressure though.
If you prefer to join us in the walk and set your own fund raising goal or just give us your valuable company you can join Team Avery. (Click the link below to enter your registration information).  I plan to make shirts for anyone who decides to join our team as my way of saying thank you for supporting us, the March of Dimes, and such an important cause.
 The following is a little write up on the page about the walk:
Every day, thousands of babies are born too soon, too small and often very sick. I'm walking in March for Babies because I want to do something about this. And I need your help.
Please support my walk. Making a secure donation is easy: just click the 'donate now' button on this page. Thank you for helping me give all babies a healthy start!
The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.
Your gift will support March of Dimes research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives. And it will be used to bring comfort and information to families with a baby in newborn intensive care.
Click here to join our team or donate: Team Avery Ruth


We've come along way. Let's help other families prevent this. 
Avery helped write this post since it is something very important to her. 
I'm good with this computer stuff. 
Blogging is exhausting!




No comments:

Post a Comment