Thursday, January 5, 2012

faces.

It is amazing how the way you see yourself when you look in the mirror changes after having a baby. I came to this realization last night when I was getting ready for bed. I looked in the mirror and noticed it was no longer just me looking back. It was my daughter too. My eyes are her eyes. My nose is her nose. My lips are her lips.  I now share my features with another human being and it is the most amazing thing ever.  I no longer notice all the imperfections I used to dwell on. I see Avery in me and me in Avery.
I remember when all the doctor and nurses started commenting on how much she looked like me. It started a couple weeks before she came home.  As her features started to develop and fill out I also started to notice her looking more and more like me. Everytime someone would point it out my heart would melt.
Don't get me wrong. She also looks a lot like her daddy.  She still has his chin. His smile lines. I love that 2 people who love each other so much made something so perfect out of the 2 of them. 












No comments:

Post a Comment