Monday, March 12, 2012

what have we been up to?

Well lets see. Last week we had a few nice days so we took advantage and went on a stroll to one of my favorite stores The Trellis.  While we were there I found these super cute Baby Legs in size 0-3 months. Avery has several pairs of Baby Legs that I was beginning to think that she would NEVER fit in, so when we saw these we decided she must have them.
So cute, right?

















Last week Avery had the week off from any doctor's appointments, but she did tag along with me on mine. Turns out I've had a sinus infection for the last YEAR. Yep, year. I thought I was just allergic to being pregnant and then after I wasn't pregnant anymore I just didn't make time for me to go and get things checked out. I'm on an aggressive combination of medications to hopefully get rid of it and then maybe I can smell again and not sneeze a million times a day. Did you know the only thing worse that sneezing right after putting on mascara is sneezing while you're curling your eyelashes. 

This week is another busy week of appointments for Avery. Today she had her 2nd to last Synagis shot (to help prevent RSV). They weighed her and she is up to 9lbs 14 oz. Over the short period of her life she has put on a total of 9 lbs exactly. Tomorrow she gets pokes again to get blood drawn to test her alch phos levels to make sure she can definitely stay OFF the sodium and calcium (let's hope, it has been so nice not torturing her w/ that) and on Friday she has OT.  We've been working on head control and while I'd like to say it is getting better it doesn't appear so. Hopefully her therapist will have more suggestions on Friday. 

Recently Avery has realized she has a tongue and spends a lot of time sticking it out. If I stick mine out she sticks her back out too and thinks it is SO funny. So we spend a lot of time entertaining each other doing that. (Remember we are more or less quarantine most of the time, so we do what we can for a giggle). 

Oh my gosh my tongue is funny!
We also found out that all the milk I had been freezing over the past 5.5 months does not agree with Avery's tummy. Usually in a deep freezer it is good for up to a year but it appears as though we aren't so lucky.  There are a few things I can try to see if we can still use it but it is hard to keep trying because it upsets her so bad. But on the flip side it is also hard to think about throwing out months worth of milk.

Frozen milk makes me sad
Daddy thinks this face is funny so he takes pictures of me. 
Not so funny anymore. 
Other that that Avery and I are spending lots of quality time. Today marks the first day of my last full week off of work. I go back for our Staff Training next Wednesday and Thursday. That's all I am going to say about that now because it makes me too sad to think about. :( Until then we'll just keep hanging out. 
Out on a walk. 
Play hard, nap hard. 
Trying on my cousin Lia's giant and very pink tutu my mommy made. 
I'm a happy baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment