Saturday, March 17, 2012

reverse nesting

Maybe you were expecting a St. Paddy's day post. I wish, but Avery puked on her cute outfit before I even got a chance to see her in it. So no pictures :( Maybe next year.
So since I never really had a chance to officially "nest" I think I'm making up for it now as I prepare to return to work. Suddenly I've realized the long list of things I wanted to get done didn't even have a dent in it because I've spent all my time with Avery. Oh well, silly list can wait. Until the past week. I decided I best get going on some things. So far I have gone through years of old papers, purged a ton of junk and set up my very own girl space-a craft room! With cable tv! Seriously?! Does it get any more awesome than that. Well yes it does because Avery is totally content hanging out with me down there.
And today I finally got my hair done. Finally as in I haven't had it done for 13 months. I was sorting starting to rock a natural version on an ombre look on my head.
So 2 things on my list is a start. My mom is coming this week so I need to finish a few other things that are currently taking up occupancy in our guestroom. And then next Wednesday I go back to work (insert sad music here). Avery is sad about it too. So we just don't talk about it.
But before that happens we have a busy early start to our week. Lots of prayers for Avery as she has to be sedated for her MRI on Monday. I can hardly even talk about it. I was in tears the last time it happened and expect no less this time. And the fact she can't eat for 4 hours before check in and won't eat again until she is cleared in recovery. Poor girl. She loves to eat. It is going to be a long Monday at the hospital, but hopefully the MRI will rule out any complications with her spine!
Ok, back to our O'Eller family St. Patrick's Day celebration. When you have a baby and no babysitter, you improvise. And since Bill and I met on St. Paddy's day a celebration of some sorts is a must. (Last year we were honeymooning in Hawaii--that didn't suck at all). This year we ate pizza and drank green beer @ home--not so bad either :)
I love my new Kickin' Coaster chair, but I'm a little short to use it yet. 

Mad dogging. She wanted out of her car seat and was letting me know it. NOW. 

Apparently when you have girls you don't have a lot of green options. This was outfit number 3 of 4 on St. Paddy's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment