Monday, March 19, 2012

double digits

Well she made it. Today at Avery's MRI they weighed her and she weighed in at 10 lbs. 1 oz. (with her onesie on, but I still think she'd be at least 10 lbs even w/out it). The last time she weighed double digits she was 14 ounces. To say she has come a long way is an understatement. She continues to amaze everyone she meets.
Not only is she 10 lbs, but she is 10 solid pounds of super trooper. Avery had her spinal MRI today and since they had to put her under general anesthesia to keep her still long enough, we had to stop her feeds 4 hours before her check in at 11:30. That meant I had to wake her up at 5:30 to eat-she reluctantly chowed down 2 ounces. Then I woke her again at 7:30 for a last meal and she dream ate 1 ounce. So by the time we got to the hospital at 11:30 she was ready and raring to eat. :( They were quick to check her in and get her IV started but once we got back to the radiology holding area and were consulting with the doctor the nurse informed us her MRI bed needed to be used by someone else. And that ended up being a 2 hour delay. I expressed my concern for her going that long on only 3 ounces of food for the day, so the doctor ordered a glucose drip. I was a wreck by the time they actually came to get her. HOW could they keep making my baby wait. My baby who hasn't eaten ALL day! And she still had an hour scan to go through and recovery before they'd let her eat again. Avery however, took it all with a grain of salt. She was smiley and funny. She tried eating her IV hand several times. And even when she was still out of it in recovery she had a big smile on her face. Her attitude made me think that she will always be one of the those people that sees the good in everything and approaches each day with a smile on her face. We all know one of those people. I could use a little of one of those people in my life sometimes, so how lucky am I that it may be my daughter. I have a feeling that if I have only begun to learn a lot from her and have a long ways to go.
This is the smile she started her day out with. 
Chilling
Napping
Singing
Goofing
Dancing (p.s. maybe they should make smaller gowns?)
Is this thing edible?
And this picture is just because she has been working SOOOOO hard on figuring out how to suck her thumb that this was a huge accomplishment. She was very proud of herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment