Tuesday, March 27, 2012

two small feet, making giant footprints.

Today's Taking it Back Tuesday serves two purposes. A little flashback in time and a reminder of things to come.
These are Avery's very first footprints taken just after she was born:

They may look small but compared to her skinny little legs, I remember thinking her feet were giant. Well I am in the process of working on a special project and needed her updated footprints:


They really are giant now; well comparatively speaking of course. 
So why the need for the footprints. Well the March for Babies is a month away and with the help of my sister we are making a Team Avery shirt for everyone who walks with our team.  And I think her feet are truly a representation of just how big her strides have been. She is a micropreemie baby making footprints bigger than her size truly represents.  I know I will be SO proud to walk with her supporting such an important cause and am so excited that our team already has 10 members (not including the kiddos) and as a team we've raised over $800 already! Which is fantastic, but we still have time. 
Many of you may not know that Avery is not the only preemie in my life. My husband was born 10 weeks early and weighed in just over 2 lbs. That was 31 years ago. Without organizations like March of Dimes and the wonderful things they do, it is possible that I would never have the 2 most important people in my life. I am so blessed that I do. They are both strong, tough, super adorable individuals. :) 
If you have even a spare dollar or two we would so appreciate your support of our team.  People have been SO generous so far and I would love to just kill it with the donations our very first year. Set the bar really high. Or better yet sign up to join us. Don't forget I am getting everyone who signs up a team shirt. Who couldn't use another tshirt. The walk is April 28th and is about 3 miles.  
You can go to my page to donate or join our team. If you are going to walk register soon so I know how many tshirts to get!
If you have already made a donation and are reading this-THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your generosity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment