Sunday, March 4, 2012

music

I'm not exactly a musical person. I mean I took piano lessons growing up. And played the trombone until I went to high school. But other than that music doesn't play a huge role in my life like it does for some people.  But one thing that I do love about music is its ability to throw you back in time. I hear songs that remind me of riding around with my girlfriends in high school. Songs that remind me of hanging out at Downtown Disney during my internship @ Walt Disney World. Songs that remind me of sitting in my room in college with my roommates, doing anything but studying.
And now I have a song that will always remind me of Avery and her time in the NICU. I first heard this song towards the middle-end of Avery's stay and right after the 1st time hearing it I looked it up on you tube because I felt like the song couldn't have been more appropriate for the situation we were in. Even though there were times it felt like we were moving backwards in time, I always reminded myself that really we were 'one step closer.'  I heard the song today on the radio and by the end of it I was in tears. I think this song will always have that effect on me.
Through all the good and the bad I am glad there is a song that will take me back to those days because those days will always be a part of my life just as high school, college, etc. And that is what I love about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment