Tuesday, November 15, 2011

phew.

I survived my first day back to work. Just when I thought my coworkers couldn't be any more awesome than I already thought they were I arrived to this:
 Of course my natural reaction was to burst in to tears. I honestly thought that everyone's support and the work they did in absence was a gift enough, but to come back to a cubicle full of diapers and gifts was just above and beyond.
I spent most of my day catching up on 11 weeks of emails. I even checked my work email pretty regularly during my absence just to purge stuff I knew I wouldn't need when I got back and yet there were still a ton of emails.
I was able to use my lunch to go see Avery and even though I didn't hold her, it is going to be so worth the crazy schedule to go and see her during the day.
She is doing great and adjusted nicely to me going back to work :) She is still 100% back on the CPAP for now. The doctor today said he is sure she is ready to go back to the cannula, but wants to wait a bit longer. She needs very little oxygen and for the most part hoovers down in the low 20s.  The only downfall from my point of view w/ her being on the CPAP is I don't get to see as much of her face and we do when she is on the cannula. Obviously though that would be a silly reason for me to request them moving forward w/ her going back to cannula.
They also moved her feeds up again to every 90 minutes. At tonight's care she had fully digested her entire feed in the 90 minutes she had off, which is awesome. So again we are making forward progress and her weight gain accounts for it...as of tonight she is up to 3 pounds 3 ounces!
Well I am exhausted. I have been up for 15.5 hours now and have only been home for 1.5 hours since leaving for work this morning. So I'm going to wrap up my multitasking pump/blog session and head to bed.

A little break from CPAP
 

Driving with a trunk like this really makes me feel like a mom.




1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise. Your little girl is doing so great! She is making excellent progress!

    ReplyDelete