Saturday, November 12, 2011

big day

Three very exciting things happened today.
1) This morning the nurse suggested while I was holding Avery that we introduce her to the nipple. Since I had just pumped and had a "dry breast" Avery was able to root around. The nurse put a little of my breast milk on the nipple so she got to get a taste of the goods. She did a great job. She stayed awake the entire time and showed lots of interest. She still doesn't have the complete sucking concept down, but she was trying. It was an incredible bonding moment that goes far beyond words!
2) She hit the 3 pound mark tonight. Exactly 3 pounds. She has almost tripled her birth weight. And more than tripled her cuteness of course :) (see proof of said cuteness in pics below)
3) I registered at Babys R Us today today. I have felt weird about having a baby shower since Avery is already born, but my lovely friends have offered to throw me one so I figure I should probably register and let me tell you....that might be the hardest part of this whole pregnancy. There are just so many options and so many things that maybe we'll need. I basically ended up just roaming about the store and scanning things I thought looked good. We'll probably end up with a lot of stuff we don't need and need to get a lot of stuff I managed to leave off. :) Oh well. At the end of the day have Avery at home and healthy is all I really need/want so everything else is just icing on the cake. Although now that I think of it, diapers would be nice...
Snug as a bug


Pretty in pink polka dots

All smiles.

They only recommend letting your baby sleep like this when they are hooked up to oxygen and monitors

No comments:

Post a Comment