Thursday, November 17, 2011

happy world prematurity day

Today is the first ever World Prematurity Day. Pretty cool day in my opinion.  They are even lighting the Empire State Building in purple and white in honor of the day. I have read several people's stories on the facebook page and it is so amazing knowing that there are so many families that go through prematurity from all spectrums of severity.  We feel very blessed to have the experience we have had so far, but it is really easy to remember those very scary, very intense beginnings. Don't get me wrong every once in awhile we still get reminders of those very scary times (see below), but for the most part Avery is doing fine.

Yesterday Avery officially tripled her birth weight. Most babies triple their birth weight by their first birthday. Avery did it in the first 46 days of her life. Granted her circumstances were a little different that other babies. :) She has so many little rolls on her body that are ridiculously adorable. 

So as I mentioned above, while for the most part we are out of the scary danger zone, that doesn't mean everything is free and clear. Yesterday Avery had a scary episode of trayicardia that lasted an hour.  That means her heart was beating faster than normal and in this case it was beating 240 bpm.  They prefer her rate to be closer to like 150ish.  They ran various test and xrays and didn't see anything that would necessarily be causing it.  She did have excessive air in her bowel so they gave her something to help get things moving and sure enough she had her first major blowout.  The nurse said it could have been that she needed to poo so bad that the stress of it was making her heartbeat faster.  She hasn't had any problems since, but it was definitely a swift reminder that she can still have problems.

Other than that I am almost done with my first week back. I honestly am not sure how I am going to make it through tomorrow. I'm not used to working Fridays since I used to work a 4 tens, M-Th schedule. But I am anticipating a busy day of packing the office for the big move on Monday.

Check out my rolls.

I heart my new diaper bag!! It was worth the splurge.

So adorable.

Shout out to our kitty boys, who have been so sweet and good and a little neglected lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment