Sunday, May 20, 2012

insert foot in mouth...literally.

So this picture pretty much sums up our weekend...
Yea, it was that awesome. I mean, we didn't really do anything awesome, but in general the time I had with Avery this weekend was above and beyond!
On Thursday Avery's physical therapist told us that her abdominal muscles on the right side of her body were not contracting, making it more difficult for her to do things that require core muscles. You know, like everything. So with all hands on deck we've started her on some ab workouts and imagine my surprise on Saturday morning when she pulled her little legs right up to her mouth to chew on her foot! And then even more surprise when I walked in to the room after laying her on the chair to nap only to find she had scooted her little body and was dangling head first off the edge. And totally in awe when she rolled over from her back to her belly and back. Not just once, but several times! Turns out that if you tell my baby girl she can't do something, she takes that as a challenge to prove you wrong. I can only imagine where that sort of outlook will get her in life...
So here I sit on Sunday night, already beyond when I would normally go to bed and I am dreading the fact that tomorrow is Monday and I have to spend the day away from her. Luckily for me it is a short week followed by a long weekend that will hopefully be filled with even more surprises and lots of love, snuggles, and giggles.
Mmm, toe jam. 
What'd they say about my abs? Look at this trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment