Sunday, April 22, 2012

where'd my baby go?

Holy moly. I'm pretty sure in the past few days my baby has been replaced by a super smart, super active, super advanced super baby.  I thought it was just me, but then Bill said the same thing today.  She is just so much more aware of her world, playing with toys, trying to roll over, having long conversations, laughing and reacting to us, voicing her displeasure, eating everything she can get to her mouth. It is amazing to watch and a little sad how fast it is going by. In just a few days she'll already be 7 months old!
As we venture out more as the cold/flu season winds down, we are reminded more and more just how small she is for her age. When I tell people she 6 months old usually their response is "she's so small" -- said with a questioning tone and a look of "feed you baby already." At which point I clarify that she is a preemie. It is interesting though how many people you meet on a regular basis who had a preemie or were a preemie themselves.
One thing is for sure, I am enjoying every new development. I have such a sense of pride when she does something new and fascinating and am so excited to see what is to come.

Holding my head up like a pro

Singing Itsy Bitsy Spider with mommy. I especially love "down came the rain" part. 
Knuckle sandwich
Belly busting out my jammies. And I also now accessorize with bangles. 
Dressed up for a dinner date with mommy and daddy. 
Grinning at my mommy while chilling with my daddy. 
My new big girl stroller. 


No comments:

Post a Comment