Sunday, April 29, 2012

they came, we marched, we partied

Oye. I'm exhausted. We had a busy, fun filled weekend and have spent most of today recuperating. Friday almost my whole family arrived to town for the March for Babies walk. Unfortunately my bro-in-law Travis had to go to Pennsylvania for work so he couldn't make it :(
We spent Friday night hanging out, eating pizza, and catching up. Saturday was the March for Babies and as I suspected it was amazing. The weather was perfect. The turn out was great. The river was fast and flowing. And the cause was amazing! It was so wonderful to see people come together for such a wonderful event.  I get emotional just thinking back to it.
Saturday evening my sisters threw me a belated 30th birthday bbq party. It was so nice of them and we had a great turn out of friends and family. And it was very evident that things have changed over the past few years as the number of kiddos in attendance nearly outnumbered the adults.
Maybe the best part of my weekend was the nice 2 hour nap I took with Avery today. We don't often find time for long naps together like we did when i was on maternity leave, so it was wonderful! Avery was totally exhausted from all the weekend's festivities. I'm pretty sure she'll be making up for it for the next couple of days...
Cousin love
Sarai and Italia
Why walk when you can stroll?
Very proud preemie mommy!!
Team Avery Ruth! 


My niece Hailey and I. 
My niece Drew


Jo Jo and Hobbs.  


Pit Stop. 

Team Captain! 

Exhausted babies. 
And hungry babies. 
BFFs
Party time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment