Thursday, April 12, 2012

passing the torch

So a little bit of slightly embarrassing self-disclosure for today's post. I still sleep with my blankie. Like the same blankie that I have had since I was a baby.  Or I guess what is left of the blankie.  I was SO attached to that blankie when I was young that my mom cut it in half so I had a traveling half and a half that had to stay in my bedroom. Smart woman because somehow there is only one half left.  
This blankie was the ying to my thumb sucking yang.  It was part of my whole process. So tonight when Avery started holding on to another blankie while she was sucking her thumb I thought maybe it was time to pass what is left of my blankie down to Avery.  I don't know if she'll attach to it like I did, but I figured something that has been so special to me for so many years deserves to be shared with someone so special to me for so many years to come.  She is my new comfort.  Plus, let's not forget that I did just turn 30, so maybe, just maybe it was time...
Avery and the blankie

Thinking about rolling

I made it pretty far. 


Such a sweet face. 
Sleeping with daddy. 
Wearing the shirt mommy made me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment