Monday, December 12, 2011

showered with love.

Saturday 2 of my dear, dear girlfriends hosted a baby shower for Avery and I. I can say without hesitation that it was not what I EVER expected my baby shower to be like because 1) I wasn’t pregnant and 2) since I wasn’t pregnant I was able to enjoy a mimosa. I did however wear a maternity dress I bought the week before I was put on bed rest. I never had a chance to wear it and if I was ever going to feel 100% ok with wearing maternity clothes AFTER having a baby, this was the day (don't get me wrong...I still love to rock the spandex waist banded pants not because I so much need to anymore but because they are so much more comfy than non-spandex waist banded pants!)HUGE shout out to Twyla and Meagan for planning such a great event. The food was delicious, the company was great and the memories will last forever.
My lovely hostesses
Bill, Avery and I are surrounded by wonderful friends and family who have generously given us their love, support, and gifts! We are very lucky.
Avery is doing well these days. She is still on the high flow cannula, but only at 2 liters. The Developmental Therapist came up with a compromise that allows us to lower her flow to 1 liter while she nipples her feeds and then turn her back up when she is done. This is a best of both worlds kind of situation because it allows her to work on her nippling without the constant airflow in her nasal passage and gives her the extra pressure to rest her lungs when she is done with all that hard work. It seems to be working well. She at 2 full feeds yesterday-one from bottle, one from breast and ate her full feed from breast at lunch today!
She is 2 days in to a 3 day round of immunizations. They seem to knock her energy level down quite a bit but for the most part she is tolerating them well. Tonight she will get her last cocktail shot and then at some point they will give her the immunization for RSV.
She has been on a growing plateau for the past 3 nights. She hit the 4 lbs 15.7 ounces mark on Friday night, so we just rounded up to say she was 5 lbs thinking that for sure the next few nights she would officially go over that hump. Wrong. She continues to stay steady at 4 lbs. 15.7 ounces.  I still can’t believe sometimes how far she has come in terms of her growth.
I’m working on a fun, holiday themed post for sometime in the near future…so stay tuned!



Look at all that loot!

Twyla's got cupcake making skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment